About Me

My photo
What's up everyone?!?!?! My birth name is Elizabeth but most of my friends and family call me Liz. I'm from good old Iowa and have lived here all of my life. I am a very outgoing fun loving gal. I'm the type to be up for anything and i LOVE to laugh! My dream is to get my very own hog... not the animal hog but a Harley hog and I can now say that this dream has finally been achieved!!!! There is nothing like the feeling of hitting the pavement with the wind blowin' your hair a mess. You get to see and experience so much. No air condition, no radio, the wind in your hair, watch out for those bugs they can give ya a lil sting when they hit ya at 70mph. Elvis Presley once said Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine! I love that saying... Well stay tuned to hear some of my experiences and stories from the wide open highway! Always remember keep the paint up and the rubber down : )

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Small Town Living

     Well i have lived a few places in my life. I started out as a wee one in the city then mom & dad moved us to a lil itty bitty town called Goosehaven where we lived for quite awhile. Well up until 3rd grade when mom & dad decided that me & sis needed our own rooms so back to the city we went. While living there not even a year or two mom & dad decided to bless us with our lil brother. So back to sharing a room with sis. I lived there until i went off to college & stayed in the dorms in Olathe, KS for about 2 years then moved back home. I was back to sharing a room with sis. Man i missed being on my own so i moved into an apartment complex across town that my parents owned for a few years then sis wanted to spread her wings so we moved into together. That was great, we literally lived off of icy pops for an entire summer with no air conditioning! Then we decided we needed more room moved back across town into a lil & man i mean lil house (so much for more room) but it did have a yard. Then i started dating my now boyfriend of 3 1/2 years. Well he asked me to move in with him & his roomate. So i decided to go ahead, so back across town i moved, where i have been for about 3 years. My sis moved to the real country and is doing fabulous, check her out at
     We have been looking for a house for the 2 of us to start out in and have not found much of anything that has suited our needs. He is kind of a motor head ha ha, he has his toys (i.e. Harley, 4 wheeler, gonna fix up his old bronco & start building his rat rod) so we need at LEAST a 3 car garage. Well needless to say after looking for a lil over a year and zig zagging back & forth across town we have found it and what do ya know its in a small town! Well dont blink or you'll miss it ha ha ha! My BF is from small town so he will be used to it and i have always wished we would have stayed living in good ol Goosehaven. So small town living here we come!
Here is a picture of our cute lil house : ) We have a lot of stuff to do oh like pack for 1 ha ha ha..... We will/hope to be moved in by mid May. We are super excited for this next chapter in our lives : ) Hope your ready for us Silver City Iowa!

This will be a great lil starter house for us. It needs some work & some yard work. But we have a vision and cannot wait for it to slowly come to light. I think this will be so much fun working together on something that we are going to be living in and sharing. Im sure there will be some GREAT times and some times we are going to want to ring each others necks but we are all in and no turning back now. So we are ready to get started. Let's do this! If any of you have any advice or tips on painting, carpeting, flooring or pretty much any advice/tips on new home ownership holla at me! Until my next post..... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment