About Me

My photo
What's up everyone?!?!?! My birth name is Elizabeth but most of my friends and family call me Liz. I'm from good old Iowa and have lived here all of my life. I am a very outgoing fun loving gal. I'm the type to be up for anything and i LOVE to laugh! My dream is to get my very own hog... not the animal hog but a Harley hog and I can now say that this dream has finally been achieved!!!! There is nothing like the feeling of hitting the pavement with the wind blowin' your hair a mess. You get to see and experience so much. No air condition, no radio, the wind in your hair, watch out for those bugs they can give ya a lil sting when they hit ya at 70mph. Elvis Presley once said Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine! I love that saying... Well stay tuned to hear some of my experiences and stories from the wide open highway! Always remember keep the paint up and the rubber down : )

Friday, February 11, 2011


Well the last few months have flown by. A lot has happened in the last 6 months.... I guess i am just thankful that it is over & that i am alive....

Right before Christmas we were in a wreck. No one was seriously injured but my boyfriends truck was totaled. It was really scary but that was nothing compared to what happened to me Feb 7th. I don't share all of this to scare you or feel sorry for me but to let you be aware and be more careful. I was involved in another car accident. It was an icy road n lost control, i swerved a couple times the hit the guard rail head on and then flipped the vehicle twice & rolled down an embankment. When i wrecked the airbag came out & when it hit me it popped out my contacts. I am almost blind without my contacts so that was a little weird. I never did black out or anything, it just happened so fast. My first thought was to find my cell phone which i could not then i realized my left arm was broke & my right ankle was hurting. I then thought to try to get out and walk up to get help. But i was trapped, the doors wouldn't open. About 10 minutes later 4 guys walked up & asked if i was ok? I told them i though my arm was broke and that my ankle was hurting... They said the police were on their way. Sure enough a police officer arrived & then the Paramedics came and i got a wonderful ride in the ambulance to the ER. Everyone who helped me was so great. I had to get x-rays from head to toe and they said i would have to have surgery. I wasn't able to get into surgery until 7:30pm...I had to wait 18 hours : ( But it wasn't all bad i got a little thing called morphine so i was feeling pretty good... It just made me sleepy. Here is a picture of my x-ray of my arm:Pretty crazy huh? Well thankfully it was my left arm... Here is a picture after surgery with the plates & screws in it: Well needless to say it was defiantly some experience that i would never like to relive again.... I was off work for only 2 weeks then started back 1/2 days for 2 weeks then to full time again... Thankfully my job has been very understanding : ) I had to do therapy on my ankle and am doing therapy on my arm now. So just thought i would share a very scary experience with you all. I am so thankful to be alive and glad that after only about 2 months and a couple sweet scars (makes me look tough right ha ha ha) i am just about back to my normal self : ) Well take it easy and take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment