About Me

My photo
What's up everyone?!?!?! My birth name is Elizabeth but most of my friends and family call me Liz. I'm from good old Iowa and have lived here all of my life. I am a very outgoing fun loving gal. I'm the type to be up for anything and i LOVE to laugh! My dream is to get my very own hog... not the animal hog but a Harley hog and I can now say that this dream has finally been achieved!!!! There is nothing like the feeling of hitting the pavement with the wind blowin' your hair a mess. You get to see and experience so much. No air condition, no radio, the wind in your hair, watch out for those bugs they can give ya a lil sting when they hit ya at 70mph. Elvis Presley once said Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine! I love that saying... Well stay tuned to hear some of my experiences and stories from the wide open highway! Always remember keep the paint up and the rubber down : )

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back to Reality : (

Well it's sure been hard to get back into the swing of things after being gone for 6 days. But man was it well worth it! We had the best time this year at the Abate rally! Each year it gets better & better.... This year was pretty hot. We arrived about 5pm Wed night. As we are pulling in it was already pretty packed. The rally normally starts on Thursday but we go up a day early to get out campsite. We were a little nervous that we wouldn't get it but low and behold our friends from Minnesota had gotten there about 1pm and saved a whole section knowing that we would be back this year : )Here is a picture of me (middle) with Kris & her Hubby Whitey

So we chatted with them and got our camp set up then the guys went to town & got some groceries & stuff while a buddy & I held down the campsite while having a drink : ) We had a good time that night didn't get too crazy (it was the first night, better save some for the rest of the week right?).Here is a picture of the boys (my man is on the far right)

There were so many people there... Last year i think there ended up being around 8,300 or so. I haven't heard the official count for this year yet, but i think we topped that. There are so many different bikes or trikes there. Here is a picture of "Batman" he comes every year... It's pretty funny!
He even blast the batman theme song! LOL So funny.... As you can see he also will dress up as batman too! So many sites to see... Some are not even post worthy lol
Here is a really cool sticker that i saw on a bike:
The weather was ok, could have been cooler. It was pretty hot most of the week. Friday a big storm rolled in and about took our canopy's out. We had to do some fixing on some of them. Here are some pictures of the storm.
They had to go break some branches off some trees to support the canopy. So funny! It looked pretty ghetto. Oh well it ended up lasting the rest of the weekend so it worked : )
Aren't these clouds AWESOME?!?!?! This is what the sky looked like after the storm. It was so cool. The sky was just a yellow/orangeish color. I have never seen it like this. Defiantly glad i took pictures of it : )
Well there are a few of the pictures from our trip. I will be posting some more with some great stories later this week so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment